RESORT UPDATE | May 8, 2020
Though we had looked forward to our resort reopening on May 22, we need to continue to do our part to stay home, and stay safe a little while longer. With Governor Whitmer's most recent order, the Inn at Bay Harbor and Cottages at Bay Harbor are now targeting a reopening date of May 29.
For the golf aficionados, we are excited to share that Bay Harbor Golf Club's The Quarry/The Preserve and Crooked Tree Golf Club will be opening on May 14! Tee times can be reserved online at shop.boynegolf.com or by calling 855.583.3746.
We continue to work each day towards initiatives and protocols to provide you with the safest possible vacation and recreational experiences. Measures like face masks, gloves, social distancing, heightened cleaning and sanitizing, contactless payments, mobile keys, and more.
In anticipation of your next visit, we have compiled helpful Frequently Asked Questions pages for many areas of our operation and are continuously updating this information to keep you informed.
If we can be of assistance with any other questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us, or to speak to a Reservationist, please call 855.583.3746.
We look forward to seeing you soon!
RESORT UPDATE | April 28, 2020
Our love and passion is to serve you. It's at the core of what we do and our whole team has greatly missed the opportunity to see you, delight you, and create magical moments for you.
While our resort has been on hold in an effort to do our part to help flatten the curve of COVID-19, we want to assure you that we have been taking this time to review all areas of our operation to safely welcome your return.
From the time Dan, Marc, or Mason, welcome you at the door, through every step of your stay with us, we have been evaluating how to continue offering the exceptional service our great team is known for while also minimizing your exposure.
We know that your loved ones and their protection is what matters most.
When you see us again, some things will look different. Our associates will be wearing masks and gloves, for your protection and theirs. Social distancing will be implemented in all public areas. There will continue to be heightened cleaning and sanitizing across all areas.
And some things will be exactly the same. The friendly hospitality, stunning lake views, and quality time spent with the ones you love in a place like no other.
Our goal is for you to feel now as comfortable as you always have been while staying with us. To feel free to seize the days, and savor the sunsets once again.
In anticipation of your next visit, we have compiled a Frequently Asked Questions page.
If we can be of assistance with any other questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us.
We look forward to reopening on May 22, and seeing you at the Inn at Bay Harbor soon!
RESORT UPDATE | March 16, 2020
After careful consideration and for the health and well-being of our associates and guests, the Inn at Bay Harbor is temporarily ceasing resort operations due to the worldwide COVID-19 outbreak and in an effort to reduce the spread of the virus. The closure is in place through at least April 30.
Hotel guests will be departing by checkout at 11am on Tuesday, March 17, and the resort will fully shutdown at that time.
If you have lodging reservations in the next few weeks, please know that our representatives will be working diligently to contact you to refund or reschedule your stay. If you would like to contact us with any questions or concerns, please call 833.218.4315 between the hours of 8am-6pm.
Thank you for your understanding.
We look forward to seeing you soon and making memories later this spring, summer, and beyond!
COVID-19 CLEANING PROTOCOLS AND OPERATIONAL CHANGES
We are closely monitoring the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and World Health Organization's statements regarding the coronavirus (COVID-19) cases and following guidelines from these agencies and our local health department. The wellbeing of our guests and associates is of paramount importance, and we are taking the following actions and precautions for your safety:
Our Commitment to Cleanliness:
We take standards for hygiene and cleanliness very seriously. On a daily basis, we are working to ensure we meet the latest guidance on hygiene and cleaning. Our resort's health and safety measures are designed to address a broad spectrum of viruses, including COVID-19, and include everything from handwashing hygiene and cleaning product specifications to guest room and common area cleaning procedures.
Specific steps Inn at Bay Harbor, Autograph Collection is taking include:
Associate Health, Safety and Knowledge: Hotel associates - and their own health, safety and knowledge - are essential to an effective cleaning program. Here are some ways we're supporting them:
· Hand Hygiene: Proper and frequent handwashing is vital to help combat the spread of viruses. In our daily meetings, our teams are reminded that cleanliness starts with this simple act. It's important for their health and that of our guests. We are enforcing frequent handwashing with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are unavailable.
• Ongoing Training and Etiquette: In addition to training on housekeeping and hygiene protocols, associates are also being provided real-time COVID-19 awareness training, and training on proper health etiquette.
• Feeling Ill: Associates are encouraged to stay home if they feel ill or are taking care of an ill family member. Inn at Bay Harbor has also implemented a COVID-19 sick pay policy.
Cleaning Products and Protocols: Our resort uses cleaning products and protocols that are effective against viruses, including:
· Guest Rooms: We use cleaning and disinfecting protocols to clean rooms after guests depart and before the next guest arrives, with particular attention paid to high-touch items.
• Public Spaces: We have increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting in public spaces, with a focus on the counter at the front desk, elevators and elevator buttons, door handles, public bathrooms and room keys.
• Back of House: In the spaces where associates work "behind the scenes," we are increasing the frequency of cleaning and focusing on high-touch areas like associate entrances, locker rooms, laundry rooms, and staff offices.
Operational Changes: Our resort has implemented changes to our daily resort operations in order to minimize the spread of illness, including:
· Food Service: We have halted buffet service, and will only be serving off the menu for breakfast in The Sagamore Room
• Transportation Services: We have suspended valet parking and shuttle service
We appreciate the opportunity to serve you.
Michael Costello, President and General Manager
Inn at Bay Harbor, Autograph Collection